Case Study 4 – WRDA
WRDA is a regional chapter of a national dietetic association.
The association was in dire need of an updated website. Not only did their site look outdated but virtually every time it needed to be updated, they had to hire a freelancer to do the update. They had a database but it was not integrated into the website; therefore all records, notifications, and member letters were done by hand or printed and mailed out to the members via snail mail. It was not only time consuming but very expensive for this non-profit organization.
They needed a website solution with a user-friendly back-end and a membership platform. What we created was a site that integrated their membership database from Excel and automated the entire membership process. We also gave them a password-protected membership section. Through the website, they can now:
- apply for and automatically renew memberships
- send out invoices
- track payments and renewals
- get listed in searchable online database available to the public
- automate membership events and registrations
- send emails and newsletters
- easily post job openings to their members in the member section
- update the local population on the latest nutrition news
After presenting a short training session with several of their members, volunteers were able to completely manage the updates without paying for an outside consultant.